Seven Steps to Find the Right Mast Cable Assembly Manufacturer Not every mast cable assembly manufacturer is the right fit for every company. Here are seven steps to ensure a company finds the best match for their needs:
1. Find a manufacturer already producing products for the target environment. If a telescoping mast cable assembly for a van is the goal, and the manufacturer specializes in static light masts, their ability to match product to requirements will be a stretch from the get-go.
2. Ensure the mast cable assembly manufacturer can create solutions to the requisite industry specifications. If MIL-SPEC is a requirement, there’s little profit in working with a manufacturer who’s not capable of that specification.
3. How close is the mast cable assembly manufacturer’s product line to the required solution? Again, the more a solution diverges from a manufacturer’s product line, the higher the chances of a mismatch between specifications and product.
4. If there are no mast cable assembly manufacturer with the required product, find a manufacturer that has worked with each of the components. Their familiarity with each cable and mast component ensures everyone is reading from the same playbook.
5. Check the mast cable assembly manufacturer’ service and repair record. That’s the larger component of the total cost of ownership for a solution than a competitive purchase price!
6. What customers say about their mast cable assemblies and relationship to the manufacturer beats any sales spiel or data sheet. Talking to a vendor’s customers is critical to setting expectations for manufacturer responsiveness after the sale.
7. The step last before deciding on a mast cable assembly manufacturer is an important intangible: how does a manufacturer fit with a customer’s constellation of solution providers? Do they have insights into other aspects of a company’s operations or needs? How may the manufacturer’s experience be leveraged to further a company’s goals?